Saturday, August 14, 2021

Imo State tourist attractions

Eniola  /  at  August 14, 2021  /  No comments

 

Underrated destinations in Nigeria | Imo State tourist attractions

Bags packed, camera strapped to my shoulder, and with a lot of enthusiasm, I was Owerri bound! I just wanted a feel of the South-East and to discover the less known but awesome places of Imo state. The highlight of my trip was visiting what I now call 'one of the 50 wonders of Nigeria', the Confluence of the Ogbuide blue water and the Muddy Urashi River (pictures below). This place left me breathless.

Did I mention that i was captivated by the clear blue sky over my head which was a natural tranquilliser and.... gbam it was love at first sight. I looked up and felt like if I made a wish, it would come true at that moment. I kept thinking to myself 'does it mean that the state is free from industrial pollution and its likes or is it nature'?! I concluded that it has to be the former. 

The road network is commendable and for the first time I saw a tunnel in a state. As you would imagine, I was excited. As we approached the tunnel, which i understand was built to control traffic, i requested the driver to stay on the slower lane so I could perfectly capture the unusual moment. :) Kindly see pictures from my trip below and i'm sure you will be convinced to visit the state.

 

Share
Posted in: Posted on: Saturday, August 14, 2021

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © 2013 Imo State Tourism. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9 Published..Blogger Templates
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.