Thursday, August 19, 2021

The Nekede zoo houses

Eniola  /  at  August 19, 2021  /  No comments


The Nekede zoo houses a small wildlife museum within the premises where carcasses of dead animals are preserved. All of these animals where once alive in the zoo. These embalmed animals include antelopes, crocodiles, owl chimpanzees, peacock, peahen, gorilla, parrot, flying squirrel, hyena cobra, a lion, tortoises, African civet cat, Ostrich feathers and eggs, python.

Okay, good to know but I couldn't wait to be out. Sadly, the caretaker kept trying to engage me with physical activities e.g hold this ostrich egg, carry that feather etc. Though I was impressed with the initiative, this is a complete mess and in urgent need of a thorough revamp. Maintenance will not be sufficient in this case.




I have over 10 pictures from different places in Nigeria with Ostriches


Share
Posted in: Posted on: Thursday, August 19, 2021

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © 2013 Imo State Tourism. WP Theme-junkie converted by Bloggertheme9 Published..Blogger Templates
Blogger templates. Proudly Powered by Blogger.